Step 1. Is this the right certification for you?
Here are the requirements and exam specifics for a Quality Process Analyst. If you already know this is the certification you want to pursue, move on to exam preparation.
Education and/or Experience
You must have two years of work experience, or an Associate’s Degree or two years of equivalent higher education.
Work experience must relate to one or more areas of the CQPA Body of Knowledge.
Minimum Expectations for a Certified Quality Process Analyst
- Must be willing to subscribe to and follow the ASQ code of ethics;
- Must understand the elements and purpose of quality planning, and who contributes to its development;
- Must be able to identify and distinguish the cost of quality categories;
- Must recognize the difference between standards, requirements, and specifications;
- Must understand the need for documentation control, its basic terms and hierarchy;
- Must understand the purpose, elements, and types of audits, and the roles of those involved;
- Must know the types of teams, team-building activities, common team roles, and typical group behaviors;
- Must be able to identify the basic types of training tools and methods used to verify its effectiveness.
- Must be able to select, apply and interpret basic quality tools;
- Must be able to define and interpret the plan-do-check-act (PDCA) cycle and continuous improvement models;
- Must understand the concepts of basic quality management tools ;
- Must be able to select and interpret basic project management tools;
- Must know the basic concepts of the Taguchi Loss function;
- Must understand the underlying principles and terminology associated with Lean processes;
- Must understand how benchmarking supports best practices.
- Must understand the concepts, terms and calculations of basic descriptive statistics;
- Must know the various classifications of data and collection methods;
- Must understand and distinguish between various sampling characteristics and methods;
- Must be able to distinguish between characteristics of a measurement system;
- Must understand the purpose and appropriate applications of various types of control charts, including their construction and interpretation;
- Must understand the principles of hypothesis testing, including the appropriate use of test statistics;
- Must be able to define basic design of experiment terminology.
- Must understand the relationships and roles of internal/external customers and suppliers, including their impact on products and services;
- Must be able to identify and recognize customer satisfaction data gathering and analysis tools;
- Must be able to identify and understand various validation and qualification methods;
- Must be able to define basic reliability measures and concepts, including failure models;
- Must understand the types of metrics used to assess supplier performance;
- Must be able to understand and apply basic concepts of corrective and preventive action, including verification and validation of effectiveness;
- Must be able to identify and apply the various methods used for material identification, status, and traceability.
Each certification candidate is required to pass a written examination
that consists of multiple choice questions that measure comprehension
of the Body of Knowledge.
The Certified Quality Process Analyst examination is a one–part, 100–question, four–hour exam and is offered in English.
Examinations are conducted twice a year, in June and December. Examination sites are hosted by local ASQ sections and by international organizations (contact the ASQ Certification Department for international locations). You will be notified approximately two weeks before the examination date of your assigned testing location. Please allow extra time for international mail.
Please Note: The Body of Knowledge for certification is constantly affected by new technologies, policies, and the changing dynamics of manufacturing and service industries. Changed versions of the examination based on the current Body of Knowledge are used at each offering.
Are you ready to get started? Prepare for the exam. >>>